Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I can eat healthy for breakfast and lunch, but when dinner time comes I lose control, why?

I have no problems eating well balanced, healthy meals for breakfast and lunch, but as soon as dinner time comes, I lose all self control and pig out. What is wrong with me? I always want pizza or greasy foods and then some sort of dessert! I've been able to control myself in the past, but lately it's gotten out of control! I'll even exercise every day, but then I swear my dinner wipes out any benefits the exercise might have had... How can I control myself???|||You're too hungry when dinner time comes. Maybe that's because you don't eat enough during the day. Continue to eat healthy foods for breakfast and lunch, but maybe have a second helping of whatever it Is. Or else have a little snack in the afternoon to curb your appetite for dinner.|||try eating a bigger breakfast and lunch, you are probably really hungry by dinner time. however, if you crave something, try eating just a 1/4 of a portion just to get you over the cravings. I have that dessert problem as well. I have made 2 weeks supply of fruit based desserts that aren't fattening, but sweet and it gets rid of the cravings.|||I think what is happening is that you are not eating enough calories and youre blood sugar is dropping. Try eating small meals between breakfast and lunch and see if this will help you. I hope this will help you.|||Thats easy! I did the same thing. The healthy breakfast and lunch are wack! =) plain and simple. you crave that delicious thick non-bland pizza b/c the other stuff tastes like cardboard. It makes sense that you do pig out. Your best bet is maybe a slim fast diet where you can still have the pizza and dessert for dinner. A semi-fast where the calories at dinner won't hurt so much.





Also make sure the excercise builds lean muscle so at the very least you will maintain the weight until you can get on a health eating roll. Then you will be a lean, mean, pizza resisting machine! well, at least the pizza won't hurt as much.|||after eating healthfully at breakfast and lunch, perhaps after putting in a whole day working, going to school, taking care of kids...whatever...maybe you feel you deserve a reward and by dinnertime u r hungry already and have to eat, so you over-consume the quick and satisfying foods. maybe if you pre-determine what reward you will have after your day but before dinner, you will avoid the eating habits you prefer to avoid. another thing that might help, is to make up nutritious meals ahead of time and freeze them for the week, like soups or whatever, or have healthy store bought frozen ones on hand for quick and easy access to your dinner. a candle at the area u eat at is quick, special and calming too. best to you|||I think it is something to do with the night and the 13th uncountable hour and the last chance before health for breakfast again and too much time to dwell on it with no place but bed to move on to. I have the same trouble every night. I get stuck staring in the fridge and scrumaging through the cupboard for something unhealthy. I nibble on lettuce and celery or broccoli or pinapple or almonds or water but the desire for something just something bad just won't go away but then the thought of waking up to the thought of having committed to it puts me in an impossible trap because it makes the next day so much harder so I usually just have to run and hide in bed. It is so weird though how some times in your life it is so much harder than others to run away from it. Maybe clean your teeth early and find something really absorbing to do that you just can't eat and do at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment