Friday, March 9, 2012

I am opening up a very small restarant and need to know what do you think is the best items to sell .Thanks?

The place was formerly a ice cream shop and did ok . I was thinking of adding a weekend breakfast and pizza but doing research I find most small resterants sell everything..I believe I should just try to be perfect with a few food items. The place is only a carryout (900sg ft) and I plan on having outdoor seating.|||With a few exceptions (Cheesecake Factory and East Coast diners) trying to have a huge menu just creates huge headaches (a lot to learn, a lot to manage- ingredients, etc, hard to train the staff, etc.) . And even Cheesecake Factory has a positioning (what they stand for).





Unless you are an amazing chef, which you might be, you should make sure you stand for something (pick a specialty) so the customers can easily understand why they should come to your store ('Oh, I go to (insert name) for really great (insert item or category)"). Then think about what that suggests you would have to offer to really be that to people and see if that makes sense.





What you stand for should fill in for you what items you should have on your menu. "I stand for great food" is not an answer. It also should help decide the look and feel of your establishment since fine dining and plastic chairs don't go together very well and the opposite is an odd concept, too (white tableclothes and cheap snack food).|||I am sooo envious! Where is your restaurant? Would you like a working partner? Ha. Really. OK.. to reality. What equipment do you have, already? What labor resources? How much money do you have to "invest" in new ideas? My experience screams, keep it very simple! Are you in a tourist area? Outdoor seating is always nice. Think beverages, very high profit margin if done right. Coffee, speciality things, alcohol, if you can, but wines and speciality type things again. Then simple food items, like cupcakes! Or other bakery items. Maybe a couple of really good salads, and sandwiches. Good luck!!!|||Please kindly view my chocolate products so it can increase your selling. Ice cream and chocolate are the most favourite dessert for all females. You can also find drinks and other products. I hope my products can bring a new ideas for your restaurant.


Thanks.


www.liberte4.com/eProducts.htm|||Hey I know a place in Chicago that just sells Hot Dogs and does great, so I would surely have them on the menu.|||good solid quality and large portions combined with attractive counterhelp sounds like a winner

No comments:

Post a Comment